- GIOVANNI ANTONIO FARINA, bishop of Vicenza and founder of the Institute of the Sisters of Saint Dorothy, Daughters of the Sacred Hearts;
- KURIAKOSE ELIAS CHAVARA (in religion: KURIAKOSE OF THE HOLY FAMILY), cofounder and professed priest of the Congregation of the Carmelites of Mary Immaculate and founder of the Congregation of the Mother of Carmel;
- ARCANGELO PALMENTIERI (in religion: LUDOVICO FROM CASORIA) professed priest of the Order of Friars Minor and founder of the Congregation of the Franciscan Sisters of Saint Elizabeth (“Bigie”);
- GIOVANNI BATTISTA SAGGIO (in religion: NICOLA FROM LONGOBARDI), professed oblate of the Order of Minims;
- ROSA ELUVATHINGAL (in religion: EUPHRASIA OF THE SACRED HEART), professed religious of the Congregation of the Mother of Carmel; and,
- AMATO RONCONI, layperson of the diocese of Rimini and member of the Secular Franciscan Order, founder of the Hospital-Hospice for Poor Pilgrims of Saludecio (now known as the Beato Amato Ronconi Nursing Home).
Ordinary Public Consistory
VATICAN CITY - At 10:00 a.m., in the Concistory Hall of the Vatican Apostolic Palace, Pope Francis held an ordinary public consistory during the celebration of midmorning prayers for the canonization of Blesseds:
Blessed Lorenzo Maria of St. Francis Xavier (Salvi) was born in Rome on 30th October 1782. He died in Capranica (Viterbo) 12th June 1856.
Blessed Lorenzo professed the Passionist Rule 20th November 1802 and was ordained to the priesthood 29th December 1805. As superior he was most prudent in leading the community. Following in the footsteps of Our Founder, St. Paul of the Cross, his principle apostolate was that of itinerant missionary.
Blessed Lorenzo was also untiring in promoting devotion to the Holy Childhood of Jesus on every occasion by work, example and through his many writings. He was beatified by Pope John Paul II, 1st October 1989. He is buried in the Passionist Church of St. Angelo, Vetralla (Viterbo).